Direct production responsibilities may include winding, soldering, forming, impregnation & testing of electromagnetic coils and packaging of finished components. Typical job shop components may include bobbins, stators, rotors, toroids and transformers, or products that may include linear/rotary motors.
Specific responsibilities may also include:
- Proper operation of machinery and equipment used in the manufacturing process such as scales, fixtures, ovens, vacuum equipment, microscopes, height indicators, verniers, micrometers, mechanical test stations, magnetic test stations, volume measurement, thermocouples, winding machines, desiccators and environmental & electrical test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, induction bridges, signal generators and specialty work stations.
- Learn visual, mechanical and electrical inspection techniques per QC/QA requirements.
- Learn & implement process documentation consistent with production responsibilities.
- Maintain time records, logs, lot travelers and production records consistent with QC/QA requirements.
- Practice routine maintenance procedures for tools, machines and test equipment.
- Maintain neat & clean work areas at all times.
- Act in a manner to promote safety and accident prevention during all work activities, and actively participate in accident prevention efforts.
- Assist other employees in areas of need as required to meet production schedules.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.