Mechanical Assembly Technician for Manufacturing
Direct production responsibilities may include stacking/molding activities such as lamination inspection, mixing resins & adhesives, degassing, impregnation, stacking, coating, honing & grinding, mechanical inspections or component storage, Magnet Track assembly activities including bonding magnets to side plates, machining metal parts and completing finished assemblies and LM Windings and Coil Assemblies. Typical components may include bobbins, stacks, cores, transformers, coils or magnet track assemblies.
Specific responsibilities may also include:
- Proper operation of machinery and equipment used in the manufacturing process such as scales, fixtures, ovens, vacuum equipment, microscopes, height indicators, verniers, micrometers, mechanical test stations, magnetic test stations, volume measurement, thermocouples, grit blasters, coating equipment, induction heaters, hones, grinders, desiccators and specialty assembly or measurement equipment.
- Set-up and operation of machinery and equipment, to include tool maintenance, machine maintenance, machining prototypes, prototype assembly, precision measurement, quality inspection and receiving inspections as required for development projects and manufacturing support.
- Learn & implement measuring techniques for +/- .0001″ and lot sampling.
- Learn visual, mechanical and electrical inspection techniques and implement equipment calibration and shelf life material procedures and intervals per QC/QA requirements.
- Learn & implement process documentation consistent with production responsibilities and maintain time records, logs, travelers and records consistent with QC/QA requirements.
- Practice routine maintenance procedures for tools, machines and test equipment, and perform failure analysis as required by Airex and customer specification.
- Maintain neat & clean work areas at all times.
- Act in a manner to promote safety and accident prevention during all work activities, and actively participate in accident prevention efforts.
- Assist other employees in areas of need as required to meet production schedules.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.